July 19 2016
Burlington Public Library has Part Time Job Opening
Do you enjoy books, working with the public and helping people find what they need?
If so, this might be the job for you.
The Burlington Public Library has a part time opening for a Library Aide in the Circulation department. The job is 13 hours per week and includes mornings and every other Saturday and reports to the Circulation Librarian or her designee.
The major duties include:
- Greet library users and perform all circulation desk activities, including but not limited to checking materials in and out, registering people for library cards, and preparing notices for mailing. Circulation functions are automated; many circulation desk activities are carried out by phone.
- Prepare circulation desk for the day: set up computer terminals, empty book drops, etc. · Responsible for collecting library monies
- Answer phone and direct calls
- Answer directional and other basic questions for the public
- During quiet times, prepare materials to go back on shelf or shelf read
- Assist other staff members in closing or opening the library
- Other assignments requiring similar level of skill and responsibilities
Required qualifications include a high school diploma, experience working with the public, computer experience and good attention to detail. It is preferred an applicant will have library experience, familiarity with Evergreen and two years of college experience.
The salary is $14.61 per hour, no benefits. There is the opportunity to work Sundays and summer Saturdays as overtime shifts.
Application forms are available at the library and must be returned by July 29, 2016 to: Lori Hodgson, Director, Burlington Public Library, 22 Sears St., Burlington, MA 01803.
Note: Massachusetts General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. A CORI check would only be completed on an applicant as a final step in the interview process. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon notification to the Town of Burlington that the applicant has no record on file.