January 6 2016
Burlington Schools Holding Info Sessions and Registration for New Kindergarten Students
The following is a release from Burlington Public Schools:
Burlington Public Schools will be holding an informational meeting for parents/guardians of children entering kindergarten in September 2016 on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 (snow date Thursday, January 14 at the Burlington High School auditorium from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Additionally, registration will be held the following dates and times at the elementary school the student will be attending:
- Fox Hill School - February 1 and 2 - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Memorial School – February 3 and 4 - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Francis Wyman School – February 8 and 9 – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Pine Glen School – February 10 and 11 – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
If you are unable to attend registration for your child at the above dates and times, you may register your child at the Student Information Office located at the Burlington High School beginning Monday, February 22 thru Friday, February 26 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. We will also hold registration during the evening of February 24, between the hours of 5 – 7 p.m. Click here for a list of street address and elementary school listings.
A child entering kindergarten must have attained the age of five by August 31, 2016. At the time of registration, parents are required to bring:
- Original birth certificate for your child.
- Two proofs of residency need to be provided in the Town of Burlington. One proof must be: a settlement document on a new home, presentation of a lease, a recent mortgage statement or property tax bill. The second proof can be satisfied with a recent utility bill, bank statement, payroll records or insurance bill.
- Medical forms with current physical and up-to-date immunizations must be completed by your physician and returned to school two (2) days prior to the opening of school. Children will not be able to attend school in September 2016 unless a complete medical form is provided.
Your family physician must detail that your child has been given the following immunizations and also indicate the dates the immunizations were given:
-5 doses Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DTaP)
-4 doses Polio
-3 doses Hepatitis B
-2 doses Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
-2 doses of Varicella Vaccine or Chicken Pox disease
-Proof of Lead Screening
-Vision and Hearing Screening
Further registration information can be found at: http://goo.gl/3jNLm9.