December 30 2016

Take Out Papers to Run for a Seat in the Town Election


Would you like to help shape the future of Burlington? Now is your chance.


Town Clerk Amy Warfield said in a release that starting on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., The Town Clerk's Office will be open for residents to get information and take out papers for the Annual Town Election on April 8.  Nomination papers must be taken out by February 18 at 5 p.m.


Any registered voter living in Burlington’s who would like to participate in local government can take out papers to fill these seats, Warfield said.   


To be placed on the ballot they will need to get signatures from voters in town by the deadline which is February 21.  


There are a number of seats up for election this year:  


  • Town Moderator (1 year). Currently held by Sally Willard.


  • - Selectmen (3 years). Currently held by Daniel Grattan.


  • - 2 School Committee (3 years). Currently held by Stephen Nelson and Kristin Russo.


  • - 2 Library Trustees (3 years). Currently held by Edith Entwistle and Robert Thys.


  • - 2 Planning Board (5 years). Currently held by John Kelly and Barbara L’Heureux.


  • - Board of Health (3 years). Currently held by Maribeth Welch.


  • - Housing Authority (5 years). Currently held by Michael Austin.


  • - Recreation Commission (3 years). Currently held by Kevin Sullivan.


  • - Shawsheen Tech School Committee (3 years). Currently held by Robert Gallagher, Jr.


The Town election is April 8, 2017 at the Burlington High School Gym, 123 Cambridge Street, Burlington, MA  01803.

For more information click here or call the Clerk's office at 270‑1660 if you have any questions


Web Design by Polar Design